Last week I listed ten questions we, as the church leadership, would like for you to know the answers to. These questions really get to the heart of what it means to be a church member…specifically, a church member at Swift Creek. So, let’s take a little closer look at the first question.
What is our mission statement?
Our mission statement is “connecting with God, connecting with others, and connecting others with God.”
This statement really summarizes what we are all about here at Swift Creek. Let's break it down.
Connecting with God:
- Experiencing God-honoring, life-changing worship by gathering together for biblical preaching, authentic praise and faithful prayer (the biblical command of worship)
- Deepening Christ followers through Bible study and discipleship (the biblical command of discipleship)
Connecting with others:
- Building a fellowship of believers who cultivate community and experience life together (the biblical command of fellowship)
- Building spiritually healthy homes (the biblical command found in Deuteronomy 6 and Ephesians 5&6)
Connecting others with God:
- Building bridges with people to introduce them to Jesus (the biblical command of evangelism/fulfilling the Great Commission of Matthew 28)
- Advancing the Kingdom by praying, partnering, and participating (the biblical command of missions/fulfilling the Great Commission of Matthew 28)
Church, this is what it means to be a New Testament church. Let me encourage you to do three things with our mission statement:
- Memorize it...so you can tell others
- Prioritize it...make it of utmost importance in your life
- Epitomize it...be an example of it
Swift Creek, thank you for being a church that “connects with God, connects with others, and connects others with God.”